7 replies to this topic

#1 israguard

israguard

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 60 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Well, not sure about the States.  But the Surface Pro 2 is totally out of stock in Montreal @ Best Buy and through Microsoft.ca . I am referring to the 256GB model.  What a bummer

Microsoft Store

#2 SurfaceGeek

SurfaceGeek

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 567 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

I've heard that Microsoft is having a hard time keeping up with demand.  What about other sizes?

Owner - SurfaceGeeks.net

#3 FinsUpDNC

FinsUpDNC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
    • 170 posts
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

256 and 512 are few and far between it seems. 

follow me on twitter @FinsUpDNC

#4 israguard

israguard

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 60 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'm happy for Microsoft. But 3 1/2 weeks before Xmas and they run out of their higher end models?.
    The128gb can be had.. But I want the 256gb with 8gig of ram. I didn't know the 512 was even out.
    I'm sooo dissapointed

#5 SurfaceGeek

SurfaceGeek

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 567 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I'm thinking of picking up the 128.  I didn't expect a Black Friday deal but looked anyways.  Nada, no deal.  RT only.  There was a deal on the Lumia 520 though.  Price not listed.

Owner - SurfaceGeeks.net

#6 CommonTek

CommonTek

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 186 posts
    • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

True but they couldn't risk a huge abundance of inventory again and risk another write down; not so much financially but more so from a marketing and PR standpoint. This allows them to not only avoid the disaster another write down would be but instead flip the script and allow them to portray a demand outpacing production (even if a bit artificial). I think they learned some hard lessons over the past year and should be better for it. It does hurt to have the larger models not abundantly available for the holidays however.
    @CommonTekPreviously TabletJunkie on these forumsLenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Atom (Sold), Surface RT (Sold), Acer Aspire S7, Lumia 925 (Idle,went back to Android) <p>

#7 israguard

israguard

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 60 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

The 128 model is available here.  There is a reason for it... nobody is buying them.  The 256 has the 8 gig of Ram which I want.  I actually did call Microsoft yday.. they listened and put my name down on a "list".. lol thats gonna happen.

I also did get their corporate address in Ontario and droped them a quick yet srongly worded "note". 3 weeks before xmas and they are sold out everywhere ?.. this is 100% pushing some people towards Dell and other brands.. I dont like this one bit.

To be continued.

#8 Rhinoevans

Rhinoevans

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

I am buying the 128 G version.  The extra $300 for the extra ram and SSD was not worth it to me.  I acutally would have bought the 64G, had they been available.  Even though it is a desktop tablet, I will be using it as a tablet, running 1 major softwear (Office), and other store apps.   No real gaming for me, I have XBOX for that.  So 4 should be enough, considering I have been using iPad for the last 3 years on 1G.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Microsoft Store
    Skins By Invisioneers