• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 AndyR

AndyR

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Often I will grab my surface 2 64GB with type cover 2 from our recharge area to find that the screen is black and does not respond to pushing the power button.  There is a feedback response from the microsoft button, but nothing else happens.

The recovery is a hard reset by holding the power button down for 10 to 15 seconds and then pushing it again for 1 second to get it to start. 

Is this a known issue. Is anyone else getting this?

Microsoft Store

#2 FinsUpDNC

FinsUpDNC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
    • 173 posts
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

I have been having the same issue with my 1st gen recently.  What apps have you installed recently, maybe one of them is the same...and it be causing issues?

follow me on twitter @FinsUpDNC

#3 simpkijd

simpkijd

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 22 posts
    • LocationChester, VA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

I believe this is a known issue but I'm not sure if a exact solution exists.  I've had my Surface 2 not wake up after sleeping several times in the past.  I'd estimate this happens at least once weekly.  The only response from the unit is vibration feedback from the windows key.  I've had the unit not wake up after it's been removed from the charger as well as not waking up from sleep after pulling it out of my Backpack.  I found the unit needed to be restarted by holding the power button for about 10 seconds.  I really like my Surface 2 and don't want to knock it much but not waking up when your ready to use it is a major downer.

I did contact MS support on the issues and was instructed toy perform a factory reset.  This opened a new can or worms (See my post in the Surface 2 section regarding a BSOD during a factory reset) .  MS delivered to me today a replacement Surface 2 which is updating beside me now.  I hope the new device cures this issue but only time will tell.  I'll let you guys know if I see the same behavior in the new unit.

#4 pfinter

pfinter

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 267 posts
    • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

This describes perfectly the issue I've seen on my Nokia 2520

#5 Nivsole

Nivsole

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

I noticed this with my RT and my pro once. It was asleep and wouldn't wake up, I had it on a metal desk with the kickstand out, the magnets on the bottom edge of surface were get inherence signals. Almost like if you had the touch cover on and closed. just take note on were you place it and the surface its setting on. Or go to power settings and select with lid closed do nothing.

#6 berty6294

berty6294

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 103 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

I believe this is more than just Surface. Seems to be a Windows 8 issue. I believe if I'm not mistaken, I've only seen it on touch enabled devices. (I work at Geek Squad and will get at least 5 people a day who come in with their computer on but screen not. Hard reset always fixes it.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Microsoft Store
    Skins By Invisioneers